Sunday, September 21, 2008

Connection between InterPlay Performance and life

I skyped The African InterPlay Performer Masankho Banda when he was in Australia and I shared with him my desire to study InterPlay as part of my Thesis. Looking at Interplay from the point of view of performance. In a very incentive way he said: “I think that it is a great idea that you want to study InterPlay as part of your Thesis. Looking at Interplay from the point of view of performance is also a wonderful idea”. I also asked him to share his thought of what is the connection between InterPlay Performance and his life “I believe that all of us at some time and in some way wish to share our lives and our stories with others. Not just our family and close friends but with the world in general Well I do not know any other forum that exists other than InterPlay. When I perform InterPlay I am taking those parts of my life that excite, inspire, amuse and perplex me and sharing them with the world. I get to choose how much I share and in what form. As I am sharing my life I am entertaining my audience but at the same time I am also entertaining myself. For the audience I am holding up a mirror to my life and I am seeing their reactions as a reflection and that is pretty awesome and amazing”. Masankho Banda have been an important collaborator in InterPlay for the past 15 years travelling to Marrocos, India, Australia, Canada…..He has been experiencing the Intercultural aspect of InterPlay.

No comments: